What is blog?
- A blog originally came from the word “weblog” or a “web log”.
- A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary.
- It is a place to express yourself to the world.
- A place to share your thoughts and your passions.
- Blog(noun) – a journal or diary that is on the Internet.
- Blogger(noun) – a person who keeps a blog – Bloggers are revolutionizing the way news is shared.
- Blog(verb) – to write a blog – I am going to blog before breakfast this morning.
- Blogging(verb) – the action of writing a blog – Blogging is my way of sharing my passions with the world.
Type of blogging?
- Personal blogs :-“ In Personal blogs we can share your own thoughts, original art, poems, writing or photography. Some sell custom crafts, art or products.
- Business blogs :- Business blogs are created in the voice of the company, as a crucial component of marketing. They can function as a direct-sales tool and are outstanding for both messaging and two-way communication as part of a company’s public relations efforts. Blogs are effective and cost-efficient vehicles for small organizations that need to publish information for their customers or members.
- Topical blogs :- Topical blogs focus on a particular interest. They can be about health, gardening, education, sports, fashion or or lifestyle. Name your special interest and you can blog about it.
- Media-type blogs :- Media type blogs are defined by their content. If you enjoy video blogging, then you’re a vlogger. If you retrieve content from other websites, you have a linklog. If you post photos or art sketches on your blog, you’re hosting a photoblog or artblog.
- Reverse blogs :- Reverse blogs are a unique but popular type of blog. Instead of the owner creating content, the content is supplied by the public. A reverse blog has a team who moderate posts, prevent unpleasant interactions and promote slow topics for greater interactivity.
Blogger : www.blogger.com
WordPress : http://wordpess.com/
Creating a blog using blogger.com
Step 1: Signing Up for Blogger
- Go to blogger.com
- Enter your Google Email and password into the Sign Inbox on the right side of the screen.
- Click Sign In Optional: If you do not want your name on your blog, click Switch to a limited Blogger Profile
- Confirm Profile by clicking the Continue to Blogger button at the bottom of the screen.
Step 2: Creating a Blog
- Click the New Blog The Create a New Blogwindow should appear.
- Type in a title for your blog in the Title box
- Type in a short address that relates to your blog’s title in the Address
Important! If the address is already taken you will see a yellow box with an exclamation point. If the address is available, you will see a blue box with a check mark.
- Select a template from the options provided by clicking on one. When a template is selected, it will have a blue box around it.
You must select any template for now, but you will be able to customize it later. Different blog templates available like picture gallery, Soho, Contempo etc.
- Click Create Blog
Step 3: Creating a Post
1) Click the button with pencil on it. When you hover over it it should say Create New Post.
2) Type a title for your post in the post box
3) Type up a post in the post field below the post box
Step 4: Using the Toolbar
Going in order from left to right
- Click to undo changes in your post
- Click to redo changes you undid.
- Click to change the font of your post.
- Click to change the text size
- Click to make text into a heading, subheading, or minor heading
- Click to bold text
- Click to italicize text
- Click to underline text
- Click to strikethrough text
- Click to change the color of your text
- Click to highlight your text
- Click to make text into a link
- Click to insert a photo. A Select A File window should appear.
Click the Choose File A File Upload window should appear
Select a photo from your computer and click Open
Click the Add Selected button.
- Click to insert a video. A Select A File window should appear.
Click the Choose a video to upload A File Upload window should appear.
Select a video from your computer and click the Open button.
- Click to insert a jump break
- Click to align text.
- Click to number your text.
- Click to bullet your text.
- Click to format a quote.
- Click to remove any formatting on your text.
- Click to check the spelling on your post.
Step 5: Using the Post Settings Menu
This menu is located to the right of the post field.
- To add labels to your post click the Labelstab to expand it.
Then type labels into the text box and click Done
These labels will be words readers can search for your post with.
- To schedule a time for your post to go live, click the Schedule tab to expand it.
Then choose Set Date and Time from the menu by clicking the circle next to it.
Then select a date and time for the post to go live.
You can do this by either typing in a date or selecting one from the calendar.
- To customize your permalink, click the Permalinktab to expand it.
Then select Custom Permalink by clicking the circle next to it.
Then type in a custom permalink and click
This is now the URL for your post.
- To add your location, click the Location tab to expand it.
Then type your location into the Search bar and click The map should show you your location.
Then click Done.
5. The Options tab allows you to do many things once expanded
To disallow or allow reader comments, choose the preferred option by clicking the circle next to it.
To change the compose mode, choose the preferred option by clicking the circle next to it.
To change the way line breaks are made, choose the preferred option by clicking the circle next to it.
Step 6: Finishing Your Post
When you are done editing and customizing your post, click the Publish button. Your post is now published to your blog.
Step 7: Editing Your Layout.
Step 8: Edit Your Theme.
We can edit themes according to user requirements.
Step 9: Edit Your Background.
Editing background colors according to theme
After changes then click apply button.
Step 10: Adjusting widths
This tab on the menu is located directly under Background.
There are two ways you can adjust the widths of the entire blog and of the right sidebar.
- You can use the slider provided for you, or
- You can enter in exactly how many pixels wide you want it to be.
Step 11: Advance Editing
The tabs on the Advanced Editing Menu allow you to change the color and font of certain items.
- The Page Text tab will allow you to change the color of your text and the background of the posts. It will also allow you to change the font of your entire blog (except for the posts).
- The Header tab allows you to change the color of the background of the header
- The Header Bar tab allows you to change the color of the background of the header bar, the color of the text in the Header bar, and also change the font of the text in the Header Bar.
- The Links tab allows you to change the color of links before they’ve been visited, after they’ve been visited, and while the reader is hovering his or her cursor over the link.
- The Blog Title tab allows you to change the color and font of your blog title
- The Blog Description tab allows you to change the color and font of your blog description
- The Post Title tab allows you to change the color and font of the titles of your posts
- The Date Ribbon tab allows you to change the color of the date ribbon next to each post.
Step 12: Finish
After apply all the changes user can view the blog like :