Overview Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is process of building and maintaining customer relationships through online activities to facilitate the exchange of ideas, products, and services that satisfy the goals of both parties. Digital marketing is often referred to as online marketing, internet marketing or web marketing
Why Use Digital Marketing?
- Increase website traffic
- Increase brand recognition
- Improve Search Engine ranking
- Generate leads
- Increase online sales conversions
- Improve internal communications
Types of Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)
- Social Media Marketing.
- Content Marketing.
- Email Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Affiliate Marketing.
- Viral Marketing.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is Process of getting traffic from the free, organic, or natural listing on search engines. All major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing have such results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engines consider most relevant to users. Payment is not involved, as it is with paid search ads.
You should be careful to keep the following points in mind in order to ensure your brand is well positioned on search engines.
- Search engines want to do their jobs as best as possible by referring users to websites and content that is most relevant to what the user is looking for.
- The items that the search engines don’t want are: keyword stuffing, buying links, and poor user experience (too many ads and high bounce rates).
- Domain namingis important to your overall branding. As a best practice, use sub-directory root domains (example.com/events) versus sub-domains (events.example.com)
- Optimize for different types of results. In addition to optimizing for desktop experience, focus on mobile and tablet optimization along with other media.
- Content on the site should have title tagsand Meta descriptions.
PPC (Pay per Click)
PPC (Pay per Click), also called cost per click, is an internet advertising model, in which advertisers pay the publishers when the ad is clicked.
Pay-per-click is calculated by dividing the advertising cost by the number of clicks generated by an advertisement. The basic formula is −
Pay-per-click ($) = Advertising cost ($) ÷ Ads clicked (#)
Advantage of PPC Marketing
- Very Fast
- Provides a path for search engine optimization
- Can yields Profitable results
- Great testing platform and can be highly targeted
- Easy implementation
Social Media Marketing
Social media is a medium and the medium is only vehicle that amplifies social behavior. The medium is an instrument on communication, like a newspaper or radio, so social media would be social instrument of communication.
If you’re starting from scratch with your social media strategy, there are basic steps to get you started −
- Step 1− Choose your social networks
- Step 2− Fill your profiles completely, remembering to load in your keywords
- Step 3− Find your voice and tone
- Step 4− Pick your posting strategy – how often, when, and what type of content
- Step 5− Analyze and test
- Step 6− Automate and engage
Advantage of Social Media Marketing
- Better targeting
- Increased visibility
- Targeted Traffic
- Content Promotion
- Cost Effective
- Market Research
- Does not require specializations or vast technical skills
- High return on investment(ROI)
Content marketing is a form of marketing focused on creating, publishing and distributing content for a targeted audience online. Content marketing means attracting and transforming prospects into customers by creating and sharing valuable free content. The purpose of content marketing is to help the company to create sustainable brand loyalty and provide valuable information to consumers, as well as create willingness to purchase products from the company in the future. This relatively new form of marketing usually does not involve direct sales.
Goals of Content Marketing
- Brand awareness
- Lead generation
- Lead nurturing
- Customer retention and loyalty
- Customer evangelism
- Up-selling and cross-selling
Email marketing is an efficient way to stay connected with your clients while also promoting your business. Doing so, you can easily and quickly reach target markets without the need for large quantities of print space, television or radio time, or high production costs.
Email marketing can be carried out by −
- Email newsletters
- Dedicated Emails
- Lead Nurturing
- Sponsorship Emails
- Transactional Emails
Advantage of Email Marketing
ü Email Marketing has ability to send real message.
ü It reduces the time effort, and cost to reach the consumers.
ü It offers unique ability to personalize message.
Mobile marketing is marketing on or with a mobile device, such as a Smartphone. Mobile marketing can provide the customers with time and location sensitive, personalized information that promotes goods, services, and ideas.
Mobile marketing is similar to advertising delivered over other electronic channels such as text, graphic and voice messages.
- SMS messaging(text messaging) is currently the most common delivery channel for mobile marketing.
- Search engine marketingis the second-most common channel, followed by display-based campaigns.
Benefits of Mobile Marketing
- Cost efficiency
- Reach the targeted audience
- Immediate effect
- Establish a relationship with your customers in the long term
Conversion Rate Optimization
CRO stands for Conversion Rate Optimization. Whatever may be the ultimate goal of your website, a conversion is the successful completion of that action. CRO is the process of optimizing the site to increase the likelihood that visitors will complete a specific action.
Conversion Rate Optimization is −
- A structured and systematic approach to improving the performance of the website.
- Informed by insights − specifically, analytics and user feedback.
- Defined by the website’s unique objectives and needs (KPIs).
- Taking the traffic that you already have and making the most of it.
Conversion Rate is a key metric in e-commerce, as it reveals the percentage of the site’s total traffic completing a specific goal. The higher the conversion rate, the better.
Affiliates are the extended sales force of your business. Affiliate marketing employs one or more third parties to drive sales to the business. It is performance based marketing where an advertiser pays one or more affiliates when they bring viewers or customers with their own efforts. It is unlike PPC in which advertiser needs to pay the publisher for every visitor it brings to your website.
Getting Best Out of Affiliate Marketing
- Cloak links:- These are the short and pretty links for long URLs of affiliates. These links look good and help in increasing the CTR.
- Write reviews that sell. Add unique selling points to them.
- Include affiliate links to your post.
- Use banners of all affiliate products to reach higher CTR.
- Offer discounts.
Premium Affiliate Programs
- Amazon Associates
- Commission Junction
- Share a Sale
Viral marketing is a buzzword for promotional messages that spread through social networks. Viral marketing campaigns hinge on finding a catchy medium for a message and then propagating it through different online channels including blogs, micro blogs, posts, crowd sourcing and so on.
Viral marketing is all about creating a marketing buzz around new product releases or simply bringing a company to the forefront of consumers’ minds. There are three factors that play into whether a marketing campaign goes viral:
- The Messenger: There is no hard-and-fast rule on the messenger that is most likely to set off a viral marketing campaign.
- The Message: The message can actually trump the messenger if it is sufficiently compelling.
- The Environment: Timing is everything in advertising, and this is also true of viral marketing. A company can have the right messenger and the right message, but it may not spread if the social environment is not right.